Re: MIME and the addition of .exe files

Walter Ian Kaye (boo@best.com)
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 10:39:51 -0800

At 2:56a 12/19/95, SYKES D RESEARCH SST 951107 wrote:
>2)
>
>Also when I start up a second excel file from the browser it starts up
>a second copy of excel! Can I get my second .xls to run in the
>original copy of excel that's already been started.
>
>I hope my question is suitable for this list and that I am not asking
>something which is easily answered on some unreachable FAQ.
>
>Cheers Dave

I don't know about #1 (I'm mainly a Macintosh person), but #2 has to do
with SHARE.EXE (or VSHARE). If you use share.exe, just disable it. If you
use vshare.exe (which some MS apps require) then I hope there is a
preference setting. I know that Word has such a setting (or so tech support
led me to believe) but I don't know if Excel does.

-Walter

Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com> | Excel | FoxPro | AppleScript |
Mountain View, CA |--------- programmer ---------|
http://www.natural-innovations.com/ | Macintosh | Windows |