Re: Clients and tabs

Srivastava Nandini (
Mon, 29 May 1995 02:53:14 +0500

On Fri, 26 May 1995, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> >On May 18, 7:45, Arthur Wilson wrote:
> >> Does HTML 3 allow you to use tabs to layout text? And do any of the
> >> available clients support this feature?
> Tabs are used in word processing to align columns.
> HTML 3 has a facility for columns: i.e., Tables. Much better than tabs!
> The current versions of Netscape and Mosaic both support tables. Netscape
> gives you more tweaking control, not surprisingly. ;)
Hi everyone there

i had a similar query on tables. HTML 3 has a facility for cols, o.k but
does HTML and HTML + have it. I wanted to have tables in one of my
documents and the browser out here is netscape.tabs doesn't work and so
does right align(this has already been discussed).

Nandini Srivastava
ERNET Lab phone: 91-11-6867431
Deptt of Comp.Sc. & Engg fax : 91-11-6868765
IIT Hauz Khas, N.Delhi-16