Re: Standard Graphics Set

Robert.Foster@radiology.msu.edu
Fri, 9 Sep 94 16:12:46 EDT

:: Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 11:24:37 -0400 (EDT)
:: From: Gregor Markowitz <muddy@clark.net>
:: Subject: Standard Graphics Set
::
:: The graphics set, in compressed form, would be downloaded once, and
:: then used from then on. Several of the graphis slots would be left
:: as optional, so custom graphics could be transmitted with the page
:: to give a unique look to each "room".
::
:: If I can play modem DOOM at 9600 baud, then why am I not looking at
:: a MUD or MOO with outstanding graphics?
:: -gregor
::

One way that a browser could handle this, in order to save network time,
would be to only download objects that are not currently on file. User
prefered defaults, ones on file on the local host, could be used in all
places called for and new ones downloaded from the URL selected.

Robert K. Foster
Analyst / Designer / Programmer
Mid-Michigan MRI, Inc., Lansing, MI, USA
rkf@rad.msu.edu