Re: Inventor file format

Kevin Goldsmith (kmg@monk.colossal.com)
Tue, 21 Jun 1994 13:40:07 -0700

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm giving up. Using the Inventor File Format as a base for VRML does not mean
each and every one of us owes SGI money. It is a public format. We do not
need to lisence it. We do not need to use all of it. Think of it as a
guideline. A good guideline, thought of by many smart people. Of course, the
closer we adhere to it, the more useful some of the tools for Inventor will be.
And those tools exist on MANY platforms, certainly more than most of the other
formats that have been suggested before. This entire discussion is moot and
irrelevant, can we please move on?

Kevin