Re: NCSA httpd server documentation host gone?

Jon P. Knight (J.P.Knight@lut.ac.uk)
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 06:09:25 +0500

On Tue, 18 Apr 1995, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 1995, Henry Minsky wrote:
> > Does anyone know if the NCSA httpd documentation server,
> > hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu, has been permanently removed from service? If so
> > is there any site maintaining the NCSA httpd docs?
>
> According to the NCSA folk it was struck by lightning and will be out of
> commission for a few days. I could have sworn the docs were also
> available as a tar file on the NCSA FTP server but I can't seem to find
> them...

I've got a copy of some of the docs for NCSA httpd 1.3 up at
<URL:http://hill.lut.ac.uk/httpd_1.3/docs/> - its mainly for local use
when NCSA is unreachable (most of the time :-) ) but others are welcome to
use them while NCSA is out of action if it helps.

Jon

Jon Knight, Research Student in High Performance Networking and Distributed
Systems in the Department of _Computer_Studies_ at Loughborough University.
* It's not how big your share is, its how much you share that's important *