Software Install/Config via WWW

David Bianco (bianco@MiSTy.larc.nasa.gov)
Tue, 20 Sep 1994 17:04:03 -0400

Daniel W. Connolly writes:
> In message <9409201843.AA23455@eitech.eit.com>, Jay C. Weber writes:
> >I just installed prerelease 2 of our Webmaster's Starter Kit (WSK).
> >This is the over-the-web way of configuring, installing, starting,
> >and extending (with maintenance tools) a Web server.
>
> Wow! Software install/config over the web! Fantastic!
>
> And it works! (I just tried it out... smooth and easy.)

If you like this, you may also be interested in (plug plug)

http://ice-www.larc.nasa.gov/ICE/doc/Cicero/cicero.html

"Cicero: A Package Installation System for an Integrated Computing
Environment" which allows a web browser (like Mosaic or lynx, or your
favorite) to provide a "point-n-click" interface to installing
software on your system. I won't say much more, since I know this isn't
the main focus of the list, and I don't wanna plug my own work. 8-) Just
thought you might be interested...