Re: Pizza Hut & Mosaic

Karl Auerbach (karl@cavebear.com)
Thu, 25 Aug 94 07:43:14 PDT

> From: nickg@math.bu.edu (Nick Galbreath)
> >22-Aug-94's Wall Street Journal reported that a Santa Cruz (CA, USA)
> >Pizza Hut is now taking pizza orders via the web. One must have a
> >internet connection and have Mosaic according to the article. I would
> >imagine that any browser supporting Forms and inlined graphics would
> >work. Sorry no URL!
>
> http://www.pizzahut.com/
>
> -Chris Wilson
>
> .and yes, any browser with forms should work.

Since I live in Santa Cruz, this is relevant to my daily routine
(although I tend to order my pizza from another place)...

Feedback from a potential user was that their forms (actually, the
programs that digest the results of the forms) are a bit finicky about
things like commas in addresses. Also, you need to be in their
address database (his street apparently was not.)

However, news is that at least someone ordered sucessfully but delivery
was to the wrong address.

(One of the local newspapers, the San Jose Mercury News announced that
it is coming onto the web in a few months.)

--karl--