Re: CGI/1.1 draft
Rob McCool (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 02:30:03 --100
* Re: CGI/1.1 draft by "Roy T. Fielding"
* written on Mar 7, 1:17am.
* Given the option, I would prefer that script config files (including
* imagemap's) have their own directory other than the SERVER_ROOT/conf dir.
* I need to make special precautions against rabid scripts and I find it
* much easier to keep organized (and avoid overlooking something) if all the
* script-specific stuff is in a separate location. Also, it makes it slightly
* easier to install new versions of the server.
* Thus, I like the idea but would prefer the location SERVER_ROOT/cgi-conf
My point is that a given server would allow the admin to configure what
directory it was, but that all HTTP servers would set CGI_CONFDIR to
something that scripts could rely on. If someone set it to
SERVER_ROOT/cgi-conf under NCSA httpd, that's fine.