Using multiple ?'s

Kevin 'Kev' Hughes (kevinh@eit.COM)
Tue, 14 Dec 1993 00:10:16 -0800

Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu> writes:

> I have a delimma folks. Im looking at the constraints my previous message
> has put on me about using multiple ?'s in a url, and I cant seem to solve
> this problem. This is what I need to accomplish,

I'm not sure if this will help, but I came across a similar
problem in making the interactive map at http://www.hcc.hawaii.edu/htbin/plotd.
If you want to send a value as well as an ismap x,y coordinate to a
server both at once, perhaps using an intermediate forms page can do the
trick. For instance, say I go to this URL by clicking on an ISMAP image:

http://server/htbin/mapthing?x,y

"mapthing" generates or shows a form where I can specify my
options, and when I submit it, it can have extra options as well as the
x, y coordinates. Something like:

http://server/htbin/mapthing?option1=yes&option2=no&x=23&y=42

and you can make the same server "mapthing" realize when it's
been passed just the coordinates only as well as name=value pairs, and
do the right thing in each case.
It's not great, but it works. Hope that helps!

-- Kevin