Re: Enhancements to html forms
Tue, 28 Nov 95 08:03:36 -0600

> Simon Cox writes:
> FYI, <INPUT TYPE=scribble> is supported by at least one version of NCSA
> Mosaic for X (version 2.6, I think; I can't seem to get it to work with
> 2.7b2 although that might be due to the bizarre X terminal I'm using).

Actually, it's <INPUT TYPE=jot> that's supported. The only documentation
we appear to have on this is in libhtmlw/inkstore.h and libhtmlw/HTMLjot.c
in the X/Mosaic source tree. One other attribute that the jot type accepts
is SIZE="xsize, ysize" -- the default is 200x50. The data sent is in
version 1.0 of the "Jot Specification".

This feature does still exist (and appears to work -- at least as far as
sending the data) in 2.7b2.

 Brian J. Swetland  NCSA Software Development Group, Mosaic/X Developer