Re: Proposal For Button Enhancements + Re: Proposal: Default B

Paul W. Barber (
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 18:50:38 -5

> Paul W. Barber wrote:
> >
> > I would like to suggest that there be a way of indicating a default
> > Button on a Fill-out Form.
> >
> > When a form has multiple Text areas, it would be helpful to be able
> > to indicate a default Button. This could possible by implemented as
> > such:
> >
> > <INPUT TYPE="submit" DEFAULT="True" VALUE="Submit">
> >
> Perhaps <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit" DEFAULT> would be more
> appropriate since it is more in line with the current style for
> other form controls, e.g. <INPUT TYPE="radio" VALUE="Submit" CHECKED>
> While we're at it, how about a modification which would allow the
> text displaed on the button to be different from the value, e.g.
> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="RunQuery MyQuery" VALUE="Ok">
> It would also seem to be a simple matter to add the "&" Control Key
> specification technique ala MS Windows, e.g. "&Ok" results in
> an underlined "O" in the Ok displayed and sets Ctrl-O to simulate
> clicking the button.

So how does one get a proposal considered? I had previously sent
this to the HTML Working Group. I realized that this was the
incorrect place and the appropriately ignored me.
Paul Barber
<A HREF="">Paul's Home Page</A>
<A HREF="">Downtown Minneapolis Residents Association (DMRA)</A>