Re: where are *WORKING* archives of www-html mailing list?

Joe Wells (jbw@cs.bu.edu)
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 01:15:54 -0400

Joe> The hypertext archives located at
Joe> <URL:http://www.eit.com/goodies/lists/www.lists/www-html.1995q4/index.html>
Joe> are *NOT* working right now and have not been working since October
Joe> 1. I sent mail to the webmaster at EIT a week ago reporting this
Joe> failure, but my mail has apparently been ignored.

Dan> Well, did you send a check with your email message? No? You mean
Dan> you don't pay EIT _anything_ for tech support? You do have a tech
Dan> support contract with them, right? I mean: you do have _some_
Dan> reason to act like a dissatisfied paying customer, right?

Look, those comments were added to my message to ward off stupid replies
along the lines of "the archives are at
http://www.eit.com/goodies/lists/www.lists/www-html.1995q4/index.html" and
"did you bother to report the failure?". At some point, I have to stop
adding disclaimers and send the message. But of course, there is always
someone (in this case *YOU*) looking to find something to twist and
misinterpret in an excuse to send flames.

--
Joe Wells <jbw@cs.bu.edu>