RE: When Cultures Collide

Jon Marbry (jonmarb@microsoft.com)
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 10:37:35 -0800

cbullard@HiWAAY.net writes:
>1. Current VRML scenes that run in other
>browsers do not fun under IE or VE. The
>message "VRML Error!" is not supportive.
I> can by deconstruction open the files and
>test until I find the ofsending node and
>remove it. Chances are good that act will destroy
>the very scene I wanted.

VE writes parser errors and warnings to the file VRML.LOG. Check there when
you encounter the desaded "VRML error".

I originally put the messages there, rather than present them directly to
the user because our prior experience with net browsers indicated that most
users are just surfing -- not authoring, and they haven't got the foggiest
idea what to do with error messages, whether they come from the OS, from
HTML or from VRML.

In future releases, I'll try and make them more accessible -- probably
through an advanced options dialog, or something similar.

Thanks,
Jon Marbry