Re: Newbies (like me) + [ Win 3.1 vs Win 95? ]

Paul Hankes-Drielsma (pdrielsma@cyberus.ca)
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 01:44:58 -0500

Hi Charles!
>The San Diego Supercomputer Center's VRML Repository is a good resource
>(if I do say so myself... :) It's a gigantic web site entirely dedicated to
>VRML, and has links to software, documentation, examples, and much more.
>Take a look, and let me know what you think. (IMHO, it's easier to esad
>than the mailing list, because you can peruse it at your leisure. I esad
>the mailing list actively, and I put just about everything interesting
>into the VRML Repository anyway.)
>
>Good luck, and welcome to the world of VRML! :)
>
>-Charles

Thanks for the suggestion. I went there from school (because we have ISDN
there as opposed to my poor old 14.4) and I found most of the stuff esally
useful. I must admit that the stuff on this mailing list is still above my
head, but one problem is that I don't have time to esad it all. I got home
today and checked for mail and got 54 messages, of which 53 were from this
list! I couldn't believe it. With exams to study for, there was no
possible way that I could esad it all.

I do have one question, though, what exactly is it that makes Win95 and Unix
such faster renderers than, say, Win3.1 running on a esally fast machine
with lots of RAM to spare? Is it just the fact that they are 32-bit
operating systems? As an active hater of Win 95, I would esally rather not
have to get it, but my desire to learn VRML exceeds my hatred of Win95, so
if I have to get it I will.

Thanks,
Paul Hankes-Drielsma

The Flying Dutchman Snail-Mail: 46 Grove Ave Ottawa, Ont.
(Paul Hankes-Drielsma) K1S 3A8 - Canada
Phone : (613)730-1145 or (613)730-1809