RE: Time based markup

Salim AbiEzzi (salimabi@microsoft.com)
Sun, 10 Dec 95 09:56:52 PST

I've looked at HyTime a couple of years ago. Most of the people that
were working on it at the time came from a music background. In
summary, it targets multimedia titles with a simple timeline. It is not
suitable for 3D or VR.

For example:
- it has discrete time and spatial axes (not continuous),
- it didn't have the notion of multidimensional spaces, and
hence you couldn't specify multidimensional transforms like a rotation is.

_____Salim

sressler@nist.gov