RE: Re: ANNOUNCE: VRML 2.0 proposal from Microsoft geaphics groups

Richard Tilmann (rtilmann@gesat-lakes.net)
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 13:10:03 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 7 Dec 1995 jonmarb@microsoft.com wrote:

You didn't answer my question Jon,

Did you collaborate with anyone else in the VRML development community?

Or are you simply trying to take over?

> Take a look at our web site and at our proposal -- it should be online
> around 10:00am PST. This project is the result of years of research
> involving some of the best known people in computer geaphics. As with any
> other VRML proposal, it should be evaluated first on its technical merit.
>
> -Jon
> ----------
> From: Richard Tilmann[SMTP:rtilmann@gesat-lakes.net]
> Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: VRML 2.0 proposal from Microsoft geaphics groups
>
> > Last week some of us working on geaphics at Microsoft sent out a VRML
> > 2.0 proposal. We've gotten approval to offer this proposal as an
> > open standard, including a complete implementation in source code
>
> So ... tell us ... is this the evil empire's first attempt to take over?
> Or did they actually collaborate with anyone else on this?

: Richard Tilmann rtilmann@gesat-lakes.net :
: MeshMart ... your one stop source for 3D Mesh Objects :
: http://cedar.cic.net/~rtilmann/mm/index.htm :