Re: PHIL: Silicon Graphics' VRML 2.0 ???

James Waldrop (sulam@construct.net)
Wed, 06 Dec 1995 17:44:32 -0800

Kuah Boon Teck wrote:
>So, is Silicon Graphics announcing their support for a standard that is not
>official yet, or is it trying to sell their solution as VRML 2.0?

Contrary to how it may appear, I've been told that SGI is announcing
support for an unofficial standard. I've also been told that a draft
will be forthcoming from the VAG very soon.

I suppose one of the advantages to being on the VAG is being able to
announce support for things that aren't quite public yet. ;-)

James, who's been in support of VRML 2.0 since June.

--
James Waldrop                        /          Technical Director
sulam@construct.net              /              Construct Internet Design