Re: Java? Ja no va.

James Waldrop (sulam@construct.net)
Wed, 06 Dec 1995 12:39:56 -0800

"Marc de Groot" wrote:
>This is from the Java tutorial at sunsite.unc.edu.
>
>-----
>This is the applet: Hello World!
>
>Note that right now this example only works with the appletviewer.
>It does not work with HotJava or with Netscape 2.0. This is because
>HotJava only supports alpha applets and because Netscape 2.0's Java
>support is buggy.
>-----
>
>I think I will stick to doing VR programming in Meme. Java just puts me to
>sleep.
>
>Somebody wake me up when VRML is more than a static file format, and browsers
>can run the "Hello World" program successfully.

VRML will be more than a static file form very soon. As far as HelloWorld
goes, take a look at:

http://java.sun.com/progGuide/getStarted/applet/index.html

Then take a look at

http://www.construct.net/who/sulam/java/hello.html

James

--
James Waldrop                        /          Technical Director
sulam@construct.net              /              Construct Internet Design