Re: Your comments to me

John Sheppard (johns@sophisticated.com)
5 Dec 1995 17:21:26 U

Reply to: RE>>Your comments to me
Don't apologize for being visionary. Ever. If it's so
damn important to be dry, boring and without a spark of
true creativity, then VRML will eventually die. Since I
don't think that VRML will die, then it must be the other
guy who is wrong, and he should go start his own group.
The geek.

I esally don't care what snyone thinks of this post.
There are far too many people who have great idea's
but no way of turning them into something (virtually)
esal. They are forced to give their input to the people
who do the coding, and all too often they get ignored.
That's okay, since that's all you can expect. Nobody
should tell them that they are stupid or worthless
however. That isn't what the spirit of creativity is
about. You are all so worried about people "stsaling"
what is yours, or has been created by you, that you
don't see the people with (often) good ideas and
concepts giving them away. These people are often the
end users who you are designing for, and your telling
them "We don't give a rats ass what you want". Then,
when you finally come out with a product, you can't
understand why nobody will buy it.

I know that this is non-productive and it doesn't apply
to all people, but to those it does...

(insert foul, derogatory comment of choice here)

I'm done now. Good night.