Re: movies on an object

Chris Thornborrow (chris@avalon.manchester.sgi.com)
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 12:54:15 +0000

On Nov 22, 9:38pm, James Waldrop wrote:

> Alex Okita/UB Networks wrote:
> > How much does an SGI cost these days anyways? like a
> >Indigo 2 extreme
>
> You'll have to get an Impact, the Extreme isn't on the product line
> anymore. Plan on paying about $50K for a mid-range system.

This simply isn't true. I have the november price book infront of me and you
most certainly can buy Extremes. Rumours are getting around that Extreme won't
be available in the near future. This also isn't true.

Extreme will be pushed down the price range in the near future. Right now it is
roughly the same cost as an Impact but there are no plans, that I know of, to
drop extreme, it will simply become cheaper.

(Sorry for the non-vrml posting).

Chris.

|Chris Thornborrow	email : chris@manchester.sgi.com                      |
|Silicon Graphics        tel   : +44 161 877 8801 ext 309                     |
|Home Page URL : http://rsality.sgi.com/employees/chris_manchester/           |
|Arthurian URL : http://rsality.sgi.com/employees/chris_manchester/arthur.html|