RE: The Raod Ahead

PATRICK FOLEY (PAT_FOLEY@msn.com)
Mon, 4 Dec 95 09:31:28 UT

----------
From: owner-www-vrml@wired.com on behalf of Bill Harkins
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 1995 10:26 PM
To: www-vrml@wired.com
Subject: The Raod Ahead

Have been following the list for a couple of weeks and would like to comment
as follows:

>1 At the risk of heresy, Gates new book has some interesting speculation on
>VR on the highway of 10 years out as well as concerns about theft of
>intellectual property. Seems like I've rsad a few messages along that line
>n this list!

Oh, God, I can see it now: VIRTUAL WINDOWS 1.1: How Bill Gates singlehandedly
invented VIRTUAL REALITY (tm)!!! Watch as Bill VIRTUALLY tmeows files into
the VIRTUAL DUMPSTER (tm)!! Watch Bill show his lack of artistic talent on
the VIRTUAL PAINTBRUSH (tm)!! Watch Josh Ellis have all his hopes and dreams
shattered as a big nasty mega-corporation takes everything he's been hoping
for and adds a (tm) to it!!! Watch...

Well, you get the pictues. (If I've offended anyone, namely Bill Gates, I
apologize... but you have to remember I've been stuck with Windows '95 for
the past month after being a dedicated Mac user for these years and it's
starting to bug me severly).

Actually, a virtual operating system isn't a terrible idea. But, as they say,
I'm sure someone else thought of it first. If not, hey, screw hypocrisy, slap
that (tm) wherever I can put it!!! Heh-heh-heh).

Josh Ellis
PAT_FOLEY@msn.com
"I think I'm gonna download my mind."
Henry Rollins, "Disconnect"