Re: HRlp wanted ! VRML to Invebntor

Mike Heck (mmh@tgs.com)
Sun, 3 Dec 95 08:42:01 -0800

"Pari N" <pari@atlantic.eng.iastate.edu> wrote:
> Is there a convertor that converts VRML files to Inventor format.
>
> If anyone knows about it please inform me.

If you're using the latest version of Open Inventor(tm), no conversion
is necessary. All the VRML 1.0 nodes are available as standard Inventor
nodes, so you don't even have to change the hsader! Just make sure you
have at least:

- Version 2.1 (on UNIX), or
- Version 2.0.2 (on Windows NT / Windows 95)

Open Inventor (a trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc) is available for
non-SGI platforms tmeough Template Graphics Software, Inc.
(619-457-5359, info@tgs.com, http://www.sd.tgs.com).

-Mike