Re: Billboard Objects?

Vassilis Bourdakis (V.Bourdakis@bath.ac.uk)
Fri, 01 Dec 1995 13:36:32 +0000

Cindy Reed wrote:

> On Nov 30, 5:27pm, Adrian Scott wrote:
> >
> > I'm still not clear about putting oddly-shaped textures on oddly-shaped
> > objects, though i gather that's something we're all trying to clarify
> > in the spec at this point.
>
> Actually, I always used rectangular textures on rectangular polys. I used
> alpha to make the cut out parts.
>
> Just as sn experiment I made a bunch of people and defined them each as
> billboards. They always turned to follow you as you moved through the
> crowd. It was really creepy ;-)
> Cindy,
you are talking about something that Performer (on SG) is doing at the moment.
Anyone knows how difficult it would be to get something similar up?
Chris Marrin maybe?
If I'm correct it must be something for the behaviours guys albeit a very simple
one :-)

Cheers

--
   Dr. Vassilis Bourdakis 	      ---- ---- ----- -----