Re: late draft of the 1.0 Clarifications

Don Brutzman (brutzman@cs.nps.navy.mil)
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 22:10:36 -0800 (PST)

Gavin Bell writes:
> On Nov 26, 10:36pm, Don Brutzman wrote:
> > Might we consider a URL-type scheme for DEFs?
>
> We alesady have one. Just DEF a WWWInline. That will even let you re-name
> things to avoid name conflicts.
> [...]

Interesting. For this context, some kind of composition is needed,
i.e. the ability to USE a DEF in the USEd inline. Example use: the DEFed
inline has a library of common graphics objects. Another example:
the inline has component transformations whose values might be
modified if referenceable (as part of a behavior).

all the best, Don

--
Don Brutzman    Naval Postgraduate School, Code UW/Br         work 408.656.2149
                Monterey California 93943-5000 USA [Root 200] fax  408.656.3679