Re: PHIL: Government Involvement

Arley Carter (ac@hawk.twinds.com)
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:24:13 -0500 ("EST)

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Sandy Ressler wrote:

> Gee..I guess the Republicans are succeding in the demonization of all
> aspects of the government. You might want to remember that it was

This is a needless cheap shot! Please apologize if you wish to maintain
any respect or credibilty in this community.

> The legitimate fear that government intervention in VRML will slow
> things down and muck it up is exactly what I am trying to prevent. VRML
I guess you also believe "I'm from Washington and I want to help you!"

> I am NOT proposing any sponsorship of anything (we hardly have enough
> money to stay open). We may be able to get the ball rolling in terms of

BTW: Are you an essential or non-essential person? My guess is
non-essential. ;-) If you are essential, maybe this is one of the reasons
we are broke?

The best thing you can do is keep the government out of managing technology.
However, this is something useful you *can* do. Put the power of NIST behind
abolishing the absurd ITAR regs for cyrptographic software.

Regards:
-arc

Arley Carter
Tradewinds Technologies, Inc.
email: ac@hawk.twinds.com
www: http://www.twinds.com

"Trust me. This is a secure product. I'm from <insert your favorite
corporation of government agency>."