Re: ANNOUNCE:GLView 2.02 a new WIN VRML OpenGL Browser

Ian Kallen (spidaman@well.com)
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 23:09:05 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 25 Nov 1995, Mitra wrote:
> At 6:15 AM 11/25/95, Holger Grahn wrote:
> >Can you give me s mint how to detect this, without going to Netscape
> Sure, if you are using HTTP V0.9 then just ...
> telnet earth.path.net
> GET /mitra/vrmltests/redirectfrom.wrl

Specify port 80 when you telnet to an http daemon (uh, unless it's
running on another port that is). I tried an earlier release of GLview
but the nag screens were excessive. I agree that good shareware deserves
recognition but anything that nags me to that degree gets blown off the
disk. Holger, I suggest focusing on the modeling tools and less on
browsing - modeling tools that support basic design advantages of VRML
such as instances, primitives and LOD stitching are sorely needed.

The next interface will not be another desktop metaphor.... Ian Kallen ....
http://www.well.com/user/spidaman/ ....the revolution will not be televised.
===== TO RECEIVE MY PGP KEY, SEND MAIL TO spidey-pgp-info@well.com =======