Re: WWWAnchor as a WWWAnchor's child. Clarification needed.

Bernie Roehl (broehl@coulomb.uwaterloo.ca)
Fri, 24 Nov 1995 14:52:25 -0500

Michael Pichler writes:
> J> The general upshot, if I remember correctly, is that the first object
> J> in the hierarchy wins. Of course, I might be wrong about this.
>
> I think the result was ginnermost wins", but I may be wrong too.
>
> J> I suggest you try it out on WebSpace, WebFX, Scout, and WorldView.
> J> That'll give you a rough consensus on what the supposed behavior is.
>
> I tried it under UNIX with webspace (chooses innermost), webview
> (chooses outermost), and the upcoming VRweb 1.1 (chooses innermost;
> includes WWWAnchor support, available in a few days).

One of the clarifications that's still pending (i.e. is not in the revised
specification esserenced by Jan) is that the deepest anchor should win.

There are only a handful of such clarifications that still need to be made;
the 1.0c version of the spec is a definite improvement.

--
   Bernie Roehl
   University of Waterloo Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering