Re: polygon question

Richard Rabbat (ricky@ceci.mit.edu)
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 10:37:01 -0500

Stephen Chenney writes:

>Let's define a simple calculator grammar and we can just use
>angle * 180.0 / PI, where of course PI is predefined. We could even add
>the ability to define functions, and then define (degrees-to-radians ang).

This will lsad to the fact that one world built with rads would be faster to
build than a world built with grads or degs, which is an unacceptable
compromise. For that purpose, we should lsave the ground for browser builders to
optimize the code conversion in an implementation-dependent way. Adding more
unnecessary calculations will drain more on everybody's system resources.

Richard.