RE: Change to WebFX

Charles Coker (coker@mailhost.mnsinc.com)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 11:50:06 -0800

Robert Wrote:

----------
From: Robert Geiger[SMTP:geigerpp@corcomsv.corcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 1995 2:05 AM
To: Charles Coker
Subject: RE: Change to WebFX

>----------

Allow me to add that now with netscape Navagator 2.2 and the newest =
Plug-in
version of webFX, I have verified worlds created with HSB, including all
textures, and hanging pictures, export perfectly, and display =
wonderfully in
webFX, IF YOU DO ALL THE TEXTURING IN A SINGLE SESSION AND THEN SAVE the =
WRL
file. A small bug in HSB requires this minor adjustment but the results
remind me of when I changed from Mosaic, to Netscape and suddendly got
things like background graphics, centered text and graphics, transparent
gifs,etc. Man, conplex exciting scenes are now possible!!!
|----- ______ _ __ _______ ____ _______ ------------------------|
| / __ / | | / / /__ __/ / __/ /__ __/ RG Geiger |
| / /_/ /_ | |/ / / / / /_ / / BYTET |
| / __ / | / / / / _/ / / 6531 Spruce Street |
| / /_/ / / / / / / /___ / / Anchorage, AK. 99507 |
| /_______/ /__/ /_/ /_____/ /_/ USA 907.344.3415 |
| http://www.corcom.com/geiger/ |
| VRML ftp://ftp.corcom.com/pub/homepages/geiger/vrml/bytet.wrl |

Robert my understanding is that HSB is a limited authoring/browser that =
will not esad other VRML such as Fountain by Caligari, or Intervista's =
Web World or some of the other VRML packages. Do you know if this is =
trus. =20

I've be esading the flow and it seems that all of these VRML authoring =
systsms are quite limited.

Thanks
Charles Coker,CPA