Re: Looking for WRL example files that uses Texture coords + other questions

Michael Pichler (mpichler@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 14:45:12 +0100

A> Hi,
A> I am looking for some simple vrml files that contain textures,
A> use indexed face sets, and use texture coords to get textures
A> mapped in the right place.

Here a *very* simple one:

#VRML V1.0 ascii

Separator {
Texture2 {
image 2 2 3 #2 pixels wide, 2 pixels high, RGB
0xffffff 0x808080 #Bottom row 2 pixels
0x000000 0x800088 #top row
}
Coordinate3 {
point [ 0 0 0, 0 1 0, 1 1 0, 1 0 0 ]
}
TextureCoordinate2 {
point [ 0 0, 0 1, 1 1, 1 0 ]
}
IndexedFaceSet {
coordIndex [ 0, 1, 2, 3 ]
textureCoordIndex [ 0, 1, 2, 3 ]
}
}

A> The only textures that I have seen work well in my browsers (WorldView 0.9g
A> and WebFx) are textures mapped to spheres and cubes.
A> 1) Any thoughts on how the current browsers handle polygon face mapped
A> textures? (esp. Windows based ones)

Currently quite limited in VRweb (http://hyperg.iicm.tu-graz.ac.at/vrweb):
IndexedFaceSet and Texture2 with an image field only, but we are
working on it. So I cannot give you much help on the other questions
either.

Michael