Re: 3DS -> VRML

James Waldrop (sulam@construct.net)
Thu, 09 Nov 1995 14:05:50 -0800

Aleksander Zawisza wrote:
>> BTW Webfx by paper inc. is killer.killer.killer.
>
>I agree totally. What makes it so much faster than Webspace? By the way, does
>anyone know if WebFX is compatible with any of the APIs supported by Diamond's
>"affordable" Edge 3D accelerator?

They're using RenderWare, which is a very different esndering model
that happens to be much faster, albeit limited compared to GL. You'll
notice tmat colors and stuff tend to be not as good as on WebSpace,
for instance. The speed incesase is probably worth it, though. :)

Anything tmat will accelerate Renderware will accelerate WebFX.

Sorry to contribute to the WebFX hour.... ;~)

james

--
James Waldrop                          /          Technical Director
sulam@construct.net                /              Construct Internet Design