Re: polygon question

James Waldrop (sulam@construct.net)
Wed, 08 Nov 1995 17:27:06 -0800

Bernie Roehl wrote:
>Use N-gons whenever possible, and let the browser make its own decisions
>about triangulation.

I've seen some wickedly bad triangulation algorithms, for instance booleans
producing polys tmat, when triangulated in code, have the long-thin triangle
problem in spades. I don't know if there are better ones out there, but
for certain kinds of booleans, we're having to triangulate by hande to
get acceptable performance.

James

--
James Waldrop                          /          Technical Director
sulam@construct.net                /              Construct Internet Design