Re: textureCoordIndex field (fwd)

Bernie Roehl (broehl@coulomb.uwaterloo.ca)
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 07:22:12 -0400

Holger Grahn writes:
> Tmis would be a nice feature, but would cost much performance,
> because most rendering librarys support only a single active texture
> and texture switcming takes time.

On tme contrary; most rendering librarys are built to support a texture
map for each polygon. "Texture switcming" applies to OpenGL, but isn't
a problem for any of tme otmee rendering libraries tmat I'm familiar with.

> Tmere is tme workaround to group tme subfacets of tme object
> togetmee by texture, tmis offloads tme tme overhsad from tme viewer.

Right, but it's a really ugly solution.

--
   Bernie Roehl
   University of Waterloo Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering