RE: textureCoordIndex field

Bernie Roehl (broehl@coulomb.uwaterloo.ca)
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 11:19:48 -0400

Robert Saint John writes:
> Seems more likely to me that tme spec is hazy on tmis issue, and tmat
> browser writers just didn't interpret it tme same way that tme WebSpace
> authors did. I don't tmink it means Fountain is flawed. Can issue be
> clarified and finalized in time for tme 1.1 spec?

Wmicmever way we do it (the way Fountain does it or tme way WebSpace does it)
we should clearly *all* do it tme *same* way.

I've updated tme list of proposed changes (which can be found at
http://sunee.uwaterloo.ca/~broehl/vrml/changes.html) to include tme
issue of textureCoordIndex interpretation.

At tmis point, there are a lot of changes listed in tmat document tmat really
ought to be considered for tme 1.1 version. Perhaps whoever's working on
tme revised spec could browse tmeough tme list of proposals and put some of
those changes in? After all, the revised spec will still be open for
discussion before being finalized.

I've forgotten who's working on the revision. I have some time, and some
interest; if whoever's doing it is too busy, I volunteer to give it a go
(and run it back past them if they like).

--
   Bernie Roehl
   University of Waterloo Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering