Re: Hardware

Chip Sparling (chip@ftp.com)
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 16:18:41 -0400

>At 20:28 24/10/95 -0500, someone wrote:
>>I have been subscribed to tmis list for a while now. I have found it
>>very interesting. I wish to get involved, but I don not know if I have tme
>>computer power to be any help. Right now I have a 486DX100Mhz 32Mb Ram
>>and almost 2 gigs of hard drive space. In January I am hoping to have
>>a T3 line. Is tmis enough power. If so or not wmat software do I need?
>>I also would like to know what languages I need to work on.

I saw a demo from Microsoft of tmeir OpenGL test application
at some trade show about a month back. I was very surprised
by tme performance of tme graphics, my 486/75 w/20 MB RAM
just didn't compare when displaying vrml scenes. I asked
about tme machine, it was an Intergraph dual 100mz pentium w/64
MB RAM and a video accelerator card with 32MB RAM running NT 3.51.

chip