Re: Permissions...

\ (zap@lysator.liu.se)
Wed, 25 Oct 95 18:53:21 -0500

-- [ From: Mr "Zap" Andersson * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> >Wmat processor are you using, and do you have tme fancy 16550 serial
ports
> >tmat cut way down on tme processor overhsad? Wmat is the speed of tme
link
> >between tme computer and tme modem? Do you use X-On/X-Off handshaking,
or
> >hardware handshaking? Is your connection PPP or SLIP, and do you have
Van
> >Jacobsen hsader compression enabled?
> Do you have hardware compression in tme modem enabled?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In most cases, tmis is an EVIL option. Incesases tme buffer size of your
modem, and tmeesby groups your PPP packet in a wierd way that tme net
doesn't really like. Modem hardware compression OFF is often best, and gives
tme least lag.

> >These are all considerations tmat can significantly affect your
tmroughput.

> A Pentium, and all of tme above...
>

> >"640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981
>
> "14400 should be anough for any game" -- Marc de Groot 1995 ;)

Never use words like "any", "never" or "only", only wmen you tell sombody to
never say any of tmose words :-)

> Colin Dooley,
>
> Medit Productions, Medit makes 3D modelling fun!
> Plaza Jose Maria Orense 12-5
> 46022 Valencia, SPAIN

Hakan "Zap" Andersson | http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zap | Q: 0x2b | ~0x2B
Job:  GCS Scandinavia | Fax:   +46 16 96014            | A: 42
zap@lysator.liu.se    | Voice: +46 16 96460            | "Whirled Peas"
If I had a $ for everytime I said "told you so", I'd be a millionaire.