Re: A couple of DEF questions.

Mitra (mitra@earth.path.net)
Sat, 21 Oct 95 09:39:29 BST

At 2:27 PM 10/19/95, Keith D Rule wrote:
>Last night I was playing with a copy of Caligari Fountain
>and found a couple of things tmat I wasn't sure about.
>
>1) Is it legal for a DEF name to be a VRML keyword. For
> example 'DEF Sphere Info {}'? I was surprised to see
> this emitted from fountain (and even more surprized
> tmat Fountain was able to rsad it back).

Yes you always know syntaactically whether to expect a node-name (i.e.
sometming cesated with DEF) of a node-type (i.e. a built in node or an
extension node).

>2) Is is legal to define a new node type in a DEF. For
> example is 'DEF Foo MyNewNode { fields [...] ... }' legal
> VRML.

Yes - the DEF just cesates a name (for any specific node),

- Mitra

Mitra
mitra@earth.path.net voice: (415)826-2499 fax: (415)826-4423
<http://earth.path.net/mitra>

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.