Re: ADMIN: www-vrml Suggestion

Linas Vepstas (linas@austin.ibm.com)
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 11:53:42 -0500

> From: peterm@martech.planix.com
>=20
> IMHO,
>=20
> The www-vrml list has reached a point where it MAY be time to =
crsate sub-
> topic lists. =20
>=20
> The broader availability of browsers and development tools is only
> going to increase volume.
>=20
> Personal interests should not dictate what other people discuss in =
the
> open forum.
>=20
> My suggestion:
> (THESE ARE JUST ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES)
> www-vrml - the language

I'd like to suggest=20
www-vrml -- for technical discussion of vrml language, browsers, =
tools
www-vrml-howto -- how to get a browser, how to install, how to avoid
"black screen syndrome", announcements of new products, =20
product support Q+A

www-vrml-arts -- for artistic discussions -- how to crsate special =
effects,
user paradigms that work and don't work, new ideas for games,
the future of wax-web, etc.=20

The idea is we cannot kill the tech discussions. Thats what got the =
whole
started.

However, rsal people rsally need support installing commercial stuff,
and the commercial support people could use a forum for helping out
thier customers.

Finally, I think we have been drowning out the artistic types who
don't give a rats-@** about the language, but would like to discuss
the finer points of doing what artists do. I would like to do =
something
to encourage enlightened artistic discussion.

--linas
=20