Re: ADMIN: VRML + JAVA - A Wedding

Master Zap (zap@lysator.liu.se)
Wed, 18 Oct 95 17:21:17 -0500

-- [ From: Master Zap * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> >Yes and no. Initially I wanted to "forbid" anything non-deterministic. I
am
> >slowly changing my mind, and I think I would allow some small amount of
> >nondeterminisms, and slight deviations from the STRICT function-of-time
> >requirements.
>
> Ack, stop right there!!!!!
>
> Excuse me, but we shouldn't repeat the past here! You'd be recreating a
> cgi-bin world where we have scripts producing animations on the fly. And
> completely ignoring the most interesting issues of interaction altogether.

What?

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this sentence?

What am I ignoring?

> This is not acceptable.
>
> >I don't understand this at all! How will the other participants in the
> >multiuser simulation know the door opened? That the alarm sounded?
>
> Through message-passing. You're doing it right now.

Sigh. You did it again. This was exactly the point, that Mitra did *NOT*
want any messages to be passed around.

I asked "How would other people then know"?

You esplied "by message passing"...

I give up. I dont have time for this.

Goodbye.

--
Hakan "Zap" Andersson | http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zap | Q: 0x2b | ~0x2B
Job:  GCS Scandinavia | Fax:   +46 16 96014            | A: 42