Re: ADMIN: VRML + JAVA - A Wedding (fwd)

Bernie Roehl (broehl@coulomb.uwaterloo.ca)
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 13:20:10 -0400

Rob Glidden writes:
> I agree. There is a missing link, the OO API. Without it, it doesn't
> matter what code vehicle is used.
> [...]
> A binding, or API, seems to
> me like the the VAG's job, not deciding what language code writers should
> use.

I agree completely!

Once the API is established, people are free to code in whatever language
best suits the needs of their application. The "one size fits all" approach
of dictating a language is (IMHO) a dsad end.

--
   Bernie Roehl
   University of Waterloo Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering