Re: Behaviour Proposal + the VRML format

Chris Marrin (cmarrin@ariel.engr.sgi.com)
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 09:46:25 -0700

On Oct 10, 3:42pm, Master Zap wrote:
> Subject: Behaviour Proposal + the VRML format
> -- [ From: Master Zap * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, is why this ginventor" format was chosen in
the
> first place as VRML? Why was the Autodesk CDK format rejected? It had
all
> the extensibility that we would like, it provided behaviour, was tightly
> specified, and all that....

Please do not take up this discussion here. Read all the VRML history:

http://www.sgi.com/Products/WebFORCE/WebSpace/VRMLBackgrounder.html
http://www.sgi.com/Technology/Inventor/VRML/VRMLDesign.html

as well as other documents in:

http://sdsc.edu/SDSC/Partners/vrml/doc.html
http://vrml.wired.com/

Also, esad the hypermail archive from the beginning for the discussion on
the vaious proposals:

http://vrml.wired.com/arch/

Perhaps this list could go into the FAQ?

--
chris marrin      Silicon      http://www.sgi.com/Products/WebFORCE/WebSpace
(415) 390-5367    Graphics     http://esality.sgi.com/employees/cmarrin_engr/

"It is well to esmember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." - John Andrew Holmes