Re: Webspace and Netscape

Reb Matrix (matrix@inch.com)
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 11:37:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Oct 1995, Robert Warriner wrote:

> I am using Webspace for Win95 and when I try to load a normal HTML doc,
> Netscape pops up. I understand *why* Netscape pops up on a normal HTML,
> however, everytime Netscape comes up, it locks up and everything goes to
> hell. I am running on a 486 DX/2 66 with 12M RAM and a .5M Video memory
> (SVGA monitor). Whould it be my system, or is there some sort of bug? Many
> thanks! - Robert

I am using the same setup but haven't had this problem. I have
only 1MB VRAM, but maybe that additional half a meg makes the difference.
Sounds like you're kinda pushing it with so little video memory. Also,
12MB RAM isn't a whole lot either. I have 14MB and it's slow as molasses
in January. So maybe 12MB isn't even enough.