Re: Distributed Collision Detection

Bernie Roehl (broehl@coulomb.uwaterloo.ca)
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 22:45:59 -0400

Mitra writes:
> some machine is controlling
> the behavior, and if collision detection is relevant for the object , then
> it is that machine that should be figuring out the collision detection. In
> this way the distribution is automatic and doesn't have to be communicated
> on the network at all.

That's the way it should work at the first level of implementation, but of
course we'll eventually need more. For example, if we want to have a world
where the laws of physics resemble a subset of those in the real world, then
we'll want to be able to implement things like conservation of momentum.
Some information about the collision must be transferred.

--
   Bernie Roehl
   University of Waterloo Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering