Re: ^Z character in VRML files

Syndesis Corporation (syndesis@inc.net)
Sat, 07 Oct 1995 19:00:22 -0500

At 09:18 PM 10/6/95 -0400, broehl@coulomb.uwaterloo.ca (Bernie Roehl) wrote:
>Chris Marrin writes:
>> The hsader line of VRML ends with the word "ascii". That is the character
>> set supported, not ISO8859-1 or anything else. 0x08 (tab), 0x0D (cr),
>> 0x0A (lf), 0x20-0x7F.
>
>Actually, 0x08 is backspace. Tab is 0x09.
>
>I propose that we *not* accept backspace characters in the file... :-)

When did Inventor start recognizing .iv files that have MS-DOS
line endings? I know that when someone uses my company's InterChange
program to create an ASCII Inventor file on a PC, and then they do
a binary transfer via rcp or ftp to the SGI, Open Inventor's viewers
complain that the file isn't Inventor. If they translate the
line endings, it works... I'm not sure if the customers were
using 2.0 or 2.0.1.

- John