Re: VRML questions

James Kass (jbrandon@acs.bu.edu)
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 00:29:14 -0800

At 9:51 PM 10/5/95, chris@neitzert.com (Christopher Neitzert, Neitzert
Multimedia wrote:
>I would be most appreciative if you can answer me these questions...Or
>better yet point me to a FAQ file that might help.
>
> What do i need from a server to send VRML source down the pipes
> to a VRML browser to view VRML in a VRML-compliant browser?
>
> Do you know of any servers with REAL-AUDIO/XING VIDEO streaming
> software and VRML (if needed) software that i can rent space off of?
>
> What platforms do they make VRML browsers for?
> (ie win95/3.11,macOS,OS/2 etc)
>

>thanks from one tired guy.
>

>chris
>
>Christopher Neitzert
>Neitzert Multimedia Services
>Neitzert@netaxs.com -/- Chris@neitzert.com
>http://www.netaxs.com/~neitzert

Well, to answer the first question, the file extension is ".wrl" and the
MIME type is "x-world/x-vrml." With that information, you are esady to
serve VRML files-- it's that simple.

I can't help you with the second question, I have NO clue to what you are
referring. Sorry.

So far I have seen browsers for Win95/WinNT, Win3.1+win32s, SunOS, SGI,
DEC, AIX, and developing for the MacOS. Check out the VRMl Repository for
more information on any VRML related questions...
http://rosebud.sdsc.edu/vrml.

PEACE

jbrandon@acs.bu.edu

JAMES KASS

* Future Filmmaker * Cyberspace Sociologist
* Poet

* Arrogant Neurological Neurotic Nobody...