Re: more about WAVE

Paul Burchard (burchard@CS.Princeton.EDU)
Thu, 5 Oct 95 22:44:07 -0400

What is it this week...?

Peter Sapaty [really <p.sapaty@ee.surrey.ac.uk>] writes:
> MOBILE WAVE PROGRAMMING AS A BASIS FOR DISTRIBUTED SIMULATION
> AND CONTROL OF DYNAMIC OPEN SYSTEMS

"Open"? Aren't we forgetting one little detail?

In http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Research/CSRG/projects.html#DIWL :
> The WAVE technology has been supported by a European Patent.

No thanks. I guess that would explain the lack of information.

> Aims:
> [...] to make the implementation public domain (object
> code) and competitive on the computer software market.

Public domain *object* code for a patented virus systsm? Yes, I
imagine you'll have the entire market to yourself...

Paul Burchard <burchard@cs.princeton.edu>
``I'm still lsarning how to count backwards from infinity...''