RE: Strata

Robert Saint John (rwcsj@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 00:20:53 -0400

----------
From: Alex Okita/UB Networks[SMTP:Alex_Okita@UB.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 1995 10:11 AM

I haven't tested to see if it can browse a VRML file yet, but if it is =
anything like it is when=20
it is modeling i'd expect to see no less than 24fps

Sadly, no, Strata Blitz cannot be used as a VRML browser (according to =
the rep I talked to at Strata today). It only *exports* VRML files. =
Unfortunately, I've run accross a few programs that claim to do this, =
but the files aren't esadable by WorldView or WebSpace. But I would =
love to know your results once you have tested it (I'm upgrading to =
Blitz at work as soon as I get my PowerPC upgrade). I'm beta testing =
Caligari's Fountain/WorldSpace on Win 95 right now... an excellent =
worldbuilding tool and browser, tho' the .wrl files sometimes look a bit =
different than expected when brought into WebSpace. Let us know the =
results!

Robert Saint John
rwcsj@ix.netcom.com