Re[2]: TECH: Passwords, hidden places and VRML.

Rob_Herron_at_OP@broder.com
Thu, 04 Aug 94 16:23:27

Subject: Re: TECH: Passwords, hidden places and VRML.
Author: Brian Behlendorf <brian@wired.com> at Internet
Date: 8/4/94 2:19 PM

Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 13:29:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@wired.com>
To: Linas Vepstas <linas@innerdoor.austin.ibm.com> Cc:
justin@dsd.camb.inmet.com, www-vrml@wired.com

Sender: www-vrml-owner@wired.com

On Thu, 4 Aug 1994, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > Web *will* be evolving better security systems fairly rapidly --
> > they're necessary in order to get a lot of commercial applications up
> > and running, and nothing drives technology quite as fast as money...
>
> Yes, agreed. Hopefully someone is working on security on the net. Again,
> I'd rather stick to the 3D and adopt whatever standard emerges for security.
>
> If someone wants to do a neat CGI hack for 3D mazes ... go for it. I don't
> think this needs standardizing at this point.
>
> Anyway -- anyone know where/how/who/when the security discussions are
happening ?

Security, like addressing, is an issue we don't have to worry about;
several institutions are working on implementing strong security into
WWW transactions, and within a year or so strong security will probably
be built into most Internet communications.

There's a www-security mail list; send mail to
www-security-request@ns1.rutgers.edu.

Brian

Lets just hope that the security will not include the "CLIPPER" chip. :-<(

Rob