- A distributor of furniture has an agreement with a manufacturer
limiting his region to east of the Mississippi river. They want
to put up a web site but they are not permitted to distribute
their catalog outside their region.
- A large breakfast cereal company puts up a promitional web site,
but it has many products that each have limited geographical
- A company is test-marketing a product in a certain region...
- You want to list an "800" phone number in your document, and you
will save money if you list the one that is closest to the
- A site for a politician wants to present different messages to
different regions of the country. :-)
I guarantee you that it won't be long before commercial sites
get really good at determining the geographical location, and a
lot more, about most hits at a site. They will be getting the info
through PSI, Netcom, AOL, Microsoft etc.