Re: (Fwd) Re: Solaris HTTP server performance... (fwd)

Alberto Accomazzi (alberto@cfa0.harvard.edu)
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 12:50:18 -0500

In message <9512191656.AA09771@void.ncsa.uiuc.edu>, Beth Frank writes:

> At the Boston conf., I had a couple of requests for the
> patch which significantly improved the TCP/IP performance
> of the NCSA HTTPd on Solaris machines. It is included
> below. It was submitted to us by Bob McGrath, the NCSA main
> web site Webmaster, who had been working wih Sun.

Two questions about running HTTPd under solaris:

1) is the patch needed for HTTPd 1.5 or is it already in the code?
2) will the system tuning guidelines described in
http://www.sun.com/cgi-bin/show?sun-on-net/Sun.Internet.Solutions/
performance/tun_mon/index.html
work well with NCSA HTTPd (there is a section describing how
application developers can maximize performance)? What about apache?

Any additional information from WWW administrators about maximizing
performance on Solaris servers would be much appreciated...

- Alberto

Alberto Accomazzi Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
alberto@cfa.harvard.edu 60 Garden Street, MS 70
http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~alberto Cambridge, MA 02138 USA